GBAC STAR is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities.
GBAC STAR is the gold standard of prepared facilities. This accreditation means that a facility has:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly informed cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
What is the program like?
The GBAC STAR Accreditation Program is performance-based and designed to help facilities establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention for their staff and their building. The program relies on GBAC’s comprehensive training, which teaches the proper protocols, correct disinfection techniques, and cleaning best practices for biohazard situations like the novel coronavirus.
Successful GBAC STAR facilities are able to demonstrate that correct work practices, procedures and systems are in place to prepare, respond, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
There are 20 GBAC STAR Program Elements, each with specific performance and guidance criteria. We recommend reviewing the Readiness Assessment Checklist and the Recommendations for a Successful Accreditation before starting the application process.
The GBAC STAR Accreditation Program is based on quality management system principles and is similar in approach to other relevant industry programs like ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 35001.
GBAC STAR is designed for any size facility or organization, including:
- Stadiums and Arenas
- Convention Centers
- Retail Spaces
- Commercial Offices
- Athletic and Fitness Clubs
- Assisted Care Facilities
- Veterinary Clinics
- Trains, Planes, Automobiles
- Church & Religious Buildings
- Grocery Stores
- Doctor’s Offices
What is the application process for the GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation program?
GBAC STAR is a performance-based program. GBAC offers tools and documentation to assist facilities in developing the competencies, procedures, and protocols that meet accreditation requirements as needed.
Ready to apply? Review the Readiness Assessment Checklist and Recommendations for a Successful Accreditation before you start the online application. The application completion process will depend on the size and complexity of your organization.